Rolled Oat with Almond Butter



As a lot of you know based on my previous blog post when it comes to breakfast I tend to be the most boring person ever. When I find something I like I stick with it and try as much as possible not to change it. As a result of this mundane outlook my breakfast has been the same for the last two to threes years with little departure every now and then
Given my love and strong obsession with oatmeal as a fuel to start the day I found a way to make it less dull and tasteless by adding my favorite fruits. This has resulted in the most amazing breakfast. I read somewhere that one way to make yourself wake up early was to have to plan an awesome breakfast that you could have the next morning. This allows you to have something to look forward to the next day but also acts a good motivation to get up either 5am or 6 am. This awesome breakfast has been my motivation for those days when I had work 6 am and I had to wake up by 5 am.
This almond butter oatmeal is full of nutritious you need to start the day, starting with fig which is a great source of fiber and full of vitamins and mineral. For those who have sweet tooth fig is not only a healthy and versatile ingredient but it can add a burst of sweetness. To top it with walnut which is known to be a great source of antioxidants and an excellent brain food.

Ingredients

  • 1/2  cup rolled oats (Option: gluten free, or ancient grain organic oatmeal)
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk 
  • 2 tablespoon Almond butter (creamy or crunchy)
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or sub coconut sugar, organic brown sugar, or stevia to taste)

Toppings

  • Fig, mango, pepitas seeds, dried cherries, and walnut 
  • Granola

 Direction:

  • Stovetop: Bring the water, add the rolled oats, reduce heat, and cook 10-20 minutes. Stir occasionally. Cover and remove from heat and let stand a few minutes. 
  • Microwave: In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup rolled oats and 1/1 cup of unsweetened almond milk. Microwave for one minute and 30 seconds. Stir oats and microwave another 30 seconds. Cover and let stand 3 minutes.
  •  Sprinkle honey and decorate with your choice of toppings. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So its 2014!!!

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper