The Binding Bowl
Inspired by dinner at (Pure Kitchen), I had a chance today to create my first vegetarian bowl; inspire by their creation of the warrior bowl. I am fascinated by meal bowls, there is something beautiful and eye catching about bowl meals, big, bountiful bowls are all the rage and it's easy to see why. A simple bowl meal is a creation of beauty and art in itself that catches the attention of everyone. A bowl is arrangement go veggies, and proteins (grains, noodles, quinoa, chickpeas etc....). It is beautiful creation that is made of everything,a little of this and little of that.
- 2 cup of white Quinoa
- 1 cup of Almond
- 2 tomato
- 1 or 2 Avocado
- 3 organic eggs
- 3 cups of kale leaves
- 4 tb. s spoon of grounded yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp. spoon of black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Mexican Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 cup of Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1/4 Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 cup of vinegar
- Quinoa: Add quinoa and water to a medium sauce pan. Bring the mixture to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the quinoa is translucent and tender.
- Drain off excess water and transfer to a bowl.
- Add salt, olive oil and pepper toss to coat.
- Refrigerate in an airtight contain until ready to use.
- My New Roots How to cook Quinoa
- Kale Omelette: In a bowl beat the two organic eggs and stir in the kale, salt and pepper.
- In a small skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat cook the eggs mixture for about 3-4 minutes. Flip with a spatula and continue cooking 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and connote cooking for 3-4 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Once done set aside or in a bowl
- Dressing: In a small bowl add vinegar, olive oil, turmeric pepper, salt, lime, cumin, chill powder black mustard seeds, ground yellow mustard seeds and sesame seeds. Mix until the density of the dressing is thick. Place in airtight container and refrigerate it.
- Leafy greens/kale salad: Chop tomatos to desire shape, kale and avocado. Add olive oil and salt toss to coat.
- Assemble the Bowl: In a simple white bowl or airtight container add in some quinoa, omelette egg, kale salad, avocado and almond. Garnish with black pepper, salt and a french spritz of lime juice.