WHAT ARE YOU UP TO THIS WEEKEND?



Before we get to what I am up to this weekend let me start by saying that I’ve finally found a job! coffee barista at Bridgehead Coffee House. I am so happy not because I’ve finally found a job, but also because I hang out a lot in Bridgehead, and enjoy their serve, atmosphere and what it stands for so the idea of working there is not the worst thing that could ever happen to me. But also if you know, you know that I have this crazy obsession and addiction to café or coffee houses. I can’t wait to start my first shift and have my life back to normalcy; with that being said I will keep you guys updated on everything e.g., how my shift went etc…

So lets talk about what I am up to weekend, I’ve decided to take a personal day off today so all I have been doing today is things that I’ve been meaning to do such as Reading, having some meditation time, laundry, enjoying the sun and doing yoga. It has been a very successful day of body and mind cleansing. I am planning on continuing this personal day off into my weekend as well; so this weekend I will be doing lots of yoga(pure power yoga) in morning, then orientation for job, than another yoga class (Power Vinyasa). Also, I’ve been meaning to check out the Byward Market vendors so I can get some summer accessory and fresh fruits.  Lastly, lots of READING!! I’ve recently starting reading Moby Dick, or The Whale and it’s almost June and I still haven’t finished the book, which is not good because my objective for the summer is to read three books each month. That’s what I am up to this weekend, what are you up to?
If you have nothing to do, you can try this yummy lentil ginger and curry soup. It’s simple, cheap, vegan and yummy! It’s full of flavor and nutrition; lentils are a great source of fiber, and ginger has a great healing benefits. It will take you less than 30 minutes to cook and less than $10 dollars to make.



INGREDIENTS  
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 Red or white onion (sliced)
  • 2 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 Ginger Root
  • ½ tbsp. turmeric 
  • 1 ½  tbsp. Spicy Curry
  • ½ grounded cumin
  • ½ caraway
  • ½ tbsp. salt
  • ¾ cup yellow lentils
INSTRUCTIONS 
  1. In a cooking pot add water, oil, and lentils; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until lentils are tender about 10-12 minutes. Once done set aside; or cook lentil according to package direction.
  2. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry chopped onions, add turmeric, curry, salt, cumin, and caraway. Let it cook until onion are soften or golden brown. (5 -6 minutes).
  3. In a good processor or blender (I used blender); pour the cooked onion, and ginger root and process until smooth or desired texture. Add the lentil and process everything for another 3 minutes or desired texture. Depending on how thick or thin you want the soup to be I would recommend adding water or vegetable stock if you think it’s too thick. Serve with whole grain bread, or crackers, bon appetite!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So its 2014!!!

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper