Adho Mukha Vrksasana and Caribindian fusion

 

       Yesterday the place I work at had a launch party for their new collection for back to school, I am not supposed to say negative things about the store, but I feel obligated to say this. The new collection is great, and its something I can see myself wearing however, I think the store has bought into the mainstream style instead of being different and distinct from other brands the store new collection is pretty much combination American eagle, forever 21, Urban Outfitter, and Smart Set. Regardless the launch party was pretty good.
I am still continuing with my summer yoga challenge of trying every pose and challenging my ability. I have to say I am pretty impressed with myself, and what I’ve been able to do. Apart from committing to go to yoga once a week, I am also committing to practicing at home. One of my toughest challenges is a headstand but, after many practices I can do supported headstand without the aid of a wall. I have to say headstand is probably one of my favorite poses now; I love playing with this pose. I strongly recommend learning this pose it’s completely worth it!!!



Enough about my life; let talk about food. So I am currently reading Michael Pollan book The Omnivore's Dilemma. The first part of the book, which where I am currently at explores the urbanization/industrialization of food; corn being the base of this industrialization, and how it became to dominate the American diet. Reading about corn for the last few days made me want make something with it, which brings this really colorful Caribbean and Indian fusion recipe. I call this Caribindian - fusion of Caribbean and Indian.

INGREDIENTS 

•   1 cup of quinoa red and white
•    1 avocado
•    1 red bell pepper
•    1 Corn
•    1 tbsp. ground black pepper
•    Olive Oil
•    1 tbsp. cumin
•    1 tbsp. Za’atar

INSTRUCTIONS 
Cook according to instruction, or in the way you always you. Here is a link on how to cook it if you’ve never done it before Quinoa. Once cooked, spice with salt and oil, and set aside.
        Slice or dice avocado, and red bell pepper.
        In frying panning add olive oil,  avocado, and red bell pepper. Spice with cumin, salt, and za’atar. Cook till golden brown, and then add the corn. Fry for another  5-10 minutes.
        In a bowl mix the quinoa with the fried vegetables, and serve warm.
        Makes serving of 2-3. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper

Rolled Oat with Almond Butter