Day 5: Asian Tofu Style
Its the last day of the tofu challenge and I must say I am still craving more tofu!!! regardless I think this challenge really delineated how a simple ingredient such as tofu can be made into many delicious and beautiful dishes. This last dish was a last minute thing that I did after coming from a yoga class and feeling like I haven't eaten anything for days. Its really simple and it took less than 30 minutes to cook. Also if you guys have any ideas for challenges let me know, give me the key ingredient and i'll make magic out of it.
-1 firmed tofu
-1 red tomato (seedless)
-3 green onions
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
-1 tbsp salt
-1 tbsp grounded tamarind
-1 tbsp olive oil
-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Chop or dice vegetables and tofu into squares or desirables shapes.
2. Preheat skillet with little of olive oil, add chopped green onions. Spice onion with salt, and grounded tamarind. Let it sauté and blend with the spices. Saute for 3 minutes.
3. Add seedless tomato and tofu. Again, spice with little of tamarind powder, and add mustard seeds. Mix well for the spices to blend with the tofu, then pour the balsamic vinegar. Let cook for 3 minutes.
4. In the mean while steam spinach in microwave or in boil water for 2 minutes.
5. Serve the dish sided with steam spinach, Bon Appetit!!!!
As always this dish goes great with white wine!
* If you are a person who doesn't like balsamic vinegar for an alternative I would suggest soy sauce!