English Tea with Lentil salad


Salut tout le monde,  thé weekend is almost here and I am super excited! 
Recently one of my co-worker went to London England, and she brought us English tea which I love so much. I had my last cup of English tea yesterday and I am disappointed that I don't have ay left. Regardless, I surely enjoyed my last cup of english tea. I am not sure if this says something about the British intellects, but the box gave direction on how to make a tea, which I think is sunny for two reasons, one because everyone knows how to make a tea, two its ironic because British are associated with tea it seems almost stupid to put the direction. Regardless, I enjoy my British English tea. 
With my last English tea I had a delicious lentil salad with Spinach. This recipe is really simple, and its my go to recipe when I am tired or just not in the mood for cooking. Similar to the Barely salad, you can add just about anything. I prefer to keep it simple, but colourful. 

Ingredients:
2-3 cups brown lentil (washed and resined) 
An Apple 
1 tomato 
3 green onion 
Spinach (pre-packaged optionally) 
1/2 cup dried cranberry 
2 tbsp curry powder 
1 tbsp cumin 
1 tbsp seas salt 
1 tbsp cinnamon 
2 leafs of cinnamon basil 

Steps
1. Boil water in medium and add Brown lentil with salt and olive oil. Let it cook for 30-45 minutes till tender. Resined again and let it cool off. 
2. Boil Spinach in medium heat for t5-10 minutes. Once done resin and let cool off. 
4.Chop green onion, tomato, and apple into little dices or little squares. Mix the three into a bowl, spice with curry powder, cumin, cinnamon, and sea salt. 
5. Mix lentil with spiced apple, onion, tomato, add spinach, cinnamon basil, and cranberry mix till everything is spiced
6. Serve with green or English tea. 

As always, this recipe is vegetarian and Vegan friendly. But  also any omnivore will enjoy it as well. One of my friend who is a meat eater, tried it and he LOVED IT!!!!

Bon a Petite 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper

Rolled Oat with Almond Butter