Spicy Beans


 Hello gals and gents, hope you're all having an amazing start to the week. As a vegetarian people always ask me where I get my proteins and I always say tofu because I love Tofu, but there are other sources of proteins as well such as beans. So Today i took the day off to make a yummy black beans stew. Its really simple and took me less than a 30 minutes to cook. The key to this yummy recipes is the spices. All the products for this stew was bought at Herb and Spice Shop on Bank Street.

Ingredients:
-Black Beans (caned) and pink beans
-2-3 tbs of oil (vegetable, corn or olive)
-1 small onion, diced
-3 jalapeño pepper (diced)
-6 red Cayenne pepper
-Green onion (chop)
-Parsley leaf
-2 tbsp of curry powder
-2 tbsp of Cayenne ground pepper
-2 tbsp of chill Mexican powder
-2 tbsp of cumin powder
-2 tbsp of black pepper
-1 tbsp of salt
-2 tbsp of white vinegar 



Direction: 

 -Drain and resine beans. Cook for about 5 minutes. Drain and resin again. 
-Cook onion till golden brown (spice with 1 tbsp of cayenne, chilli, cumin, curry, black pepper, salt) 
-Add Green onion, jalapeño pepper, and cayenne pepper, cook for about 2 minutes. 
-Add black and pink beans beans, spice again with one table tbsp of every of the spices. 
-Add 2 tbsp of white vinegar, stir and let it simmer for 10 minutes till the water dries out. 

With an open recipe like this feel free to use whatever beans you fancy, and you can serve it with romaine lettuce or Peta bread like I did or something else. 

For drink I had water, but If I had the chance I would've made this yummy drink from cook book 101. A blackberry Limeade

Bon A Petit 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper

Rolled Oat with Almond Butter