Weekend Adventure: Permanent Sanskrit writting and sesame Noodle Salad







It feels like its been years since I last blogged, but I am back! Every time I go on these hibernations period I feel like I have to come back with something amazing, e.g., I went to Paris or like Julia Roberts in Eat, Pray and Love traveled around the world and discovered something amazing about myself. But this is never the case, but I think this time is semi exciting even though I did not travel around the world I did get another tattoo! This is my second one and probably will be getting another one next year and hopefully if and when I do get accepted to Law school I might get another one. I get these tattoo as a rewards, which is logically makes no sense at all, but each one has a deeper meaning to it and to be honest getting these tattoo are the ONLY DANGEROUS thing I’ve ever done, and will probably do in my life time.
With summer or correctly winter/spring here; if you live in Ottawa I am super excited about trying different recipes in the next four months during my time off from school, and lots of fun adventures that I will be taking this summer.

This weekend beside getting a tattoo I also came across this great cooking blog love and lemons that I am completely in love with, which is where I got this week’s recipes vegan sesame noodle salad Sesame-noodle-salad. As always, this is my twice on the original one so it's some what different, but the link is always here so you can try both, or just one that best  suits your interest. 

INGREDIENTS 
    Hakubaku brown rice noodles
    5 sliced shiitake mushrooms
    3 small carrots, chopped into cubes
    5 chopped scallions (cubes)
    A few tablespoons of sesame seeds
    Extra firm tofu, chopped into cubes
    Green bell pepper (cubes)
    Ginger
    1 tsp. turmeric
    1 tsp. chines spice
    Pinch of salt

Dressing:
    President Choice sesame dressing
    1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
    1 tbsp. turmeric
    1 tbsp. Chinese spices
    1 tsp. of Sesame seeds

INSTRUCTIONS 
1. In a small container pour as much as you want of the president choice sesame dressing, add the turmeric, chines spice, sesame seeds and sesame oil. Mix the ingredients together. Set aside.
2. Bake the shiitakes in a 350 degree for 10-15 minutes (spice the shiitakes with chines spice and drizzle sesame oil)
3.  Cook the noodles according to package directions. If you are using the Hakubaku noodles boil it for 5-10 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water (set aside).
4. In a large bowl mix the carrots, scallions, bell pepper, ginger, and tofu. Spice it with the Chinese spice and turmeric. Add the noodles and mix well. Pour the dressing. Let it sit and marinate for 5 minutesl
5. Serve warms (3-4) bon appĂ©tit and for desert macaroon!
New tattoo - the sanskrit writing says "Let go"










6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: Tofu Burrito

Sunday Challenge Pose: Grasshopper

Rolled Oat with Almond Butter