Barley Salad with spicy Sauce
Hiya beautiful people, hope you've all had an amazing week full of adventures and great memories!!!
If you recall from my last post, I said I was spending the weekend trying different recipes which is what I did, and I must say I am very PROUD of the end results. I Manage to do two dishes, a main course and a side dish. Today I am going to blog about the side dish, Barley salad with spicy sauce. This recipe is amazingly simple, and has the potential of improvement and changes.
-2-3 cups of Barley
-2 Green onion
-1 Cherry tomato
-1 or 1/2 Cucumber
-1 Yellow Bell pepper
-1 1/2 tbsp of black pepper
-1 tbsp of chilli pepper (grounded)
-1 tbsp of red pepper flacks
-1/2 tbsp of sea salt
-2 tbsp of vinegar
-1 tbsp of olive oil
1. Wash and resein barley. While a water is boiling add salt, and Barley, let it cook for 20-30 minutes. Remember Barley is similar to rice, so don't be hurrying because it requires time in order to sustain that moist and just perfect texture.
2. While the Barley is cooking, chop and dice the vegetables (yellow bell pepper, cherry tomato, green onions, and cucumber).
3. The spicy sauce is very simple, pour the vinegar into a bowl or container to mix the sauce in. Add chilli pepper, flacks pepper, sea salt, and olive oil. Mix them of it, till you have that spicy taste.
4. Once the barely is done cooking, put it into a bowl and let it cool down.
5. Mix the vegetables and barley in one bowl. Pour the spicy sauce in the vegetables and barley and mix it. And you are ready to serve.
Bon a Petit